Stavtar is a software and technology services company with employees in New York, Bengaluru, and Mumbai. Our Founders started Stavtar to solve some of the most challenging issues they faced while running Hedge Funds/Private Equity operations. After four years, our cloud-hosted products and related services are helping manage 300+ billion in assets.
We believe that to be on the top of our game, we need to hire the very best people. Nevertheless, the best in the world are not always available on your doorstep. Moreover, even if they are, they might not know what they are capable of. That is why, at Stavtar, we hire by potential rather than experience. We believe that if you invest in our employees, they will strive to do their best work. It is because they have a true passion for their work. At Stavtar, you will contribute to building some of the most exciting FinTech products and while working with some of the smartest minds of Wall Street. We've built a work culture you want to be part of, a company you can do good work for without sacrificing fun, wellbeing, or mental stimulation. And we're proud of it.
About This Role
Senior DBA will administer policies and procedures relative to multiple Versions of Microsoft SQL Server. Consult / Guide DBAs/Developers within the team. Has comprehensive technical knowledge of the database environment, understanding how to apply this knowledge to achieve optimal database and application performance. Assure High Availability synchronization with ability to perform production fail over when necessary. Consult / Guide Developer and Application teams on database related issues.
DBA Responsibilities (50%)
- Support Mission critical SQL databases. Advanced troubleshooting skills for performance and tuning.
- Installs, configures SQL databases, installs required patches and upgrades.
- Performs version migrations / Cloud Migration
- Performs monitoring, troubleshooting and optimizing performance of the database.
- Performs capacity planning including future storage requirements.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots SAN, network, memory, and CPU specific performance issues in a high volume SQL Server Environment.
- Develop, implement, and administer data security, Data retention and integrity policies and procedures
- procedures, including Clustering and virtualization.
- Perform planned and unplanned server failovers
SQL Development/Performance Tuning Responsibilities (50%)
- Query performance diagnostics and optimization
- Work with development team to support Azure data factory jobs and + SSIS Packages
- Work with development team on reporting and BI requirements
- B.E. Degree or equivalent experience (5+ Years)
- Minimum 5 years All Supported SQL Servers Versions - Installation, configuration, customization, Security, maintenance and performance tuning.
- Hands-on experience in supporting Always-on SQL deployment
- Analyzing and troubleshooting SAN, network, memory, and CPU specific performance issues in a high volume SQL Server Environment.
- Minimum 4-6 years T-SQL, SSIS, stored procedures (Development experience)
- Experience with Power Shell Scripting
- Understanding of using SQL in virtualized environments.
What Will Help You Be Successful
- Microsoft development and technical skills, knowledge of scripts and clustering software
- Knowledge of VMWare and hypervisor use with SQL databases
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through team efforts, willingness to challenge
- Established practices and draws relevant conclusions, ability to persuade market and sell new ideas and the ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, problem solving ability and resourcefulness in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, handle multiple tasks with concentration, speed and accuracy to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply to business needs
Strong written and oral presentation skills
1:00 PM to 10:00 PM IST or 2:00 PM to 11:00 PM IST (as per the US daylight saving schedule)
Stavtar is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen. At that point, all employees are expected and required to return physically to the office. Stavtar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- The talent acquisition team and/or hiring team reviews candidate profiles during the first round of evaluations.
- Pre-screening Questionnaire: Some candidates will receive a pre-screening questionnaire relating to the position to complete and return to the talent acquisition team.
- Candidates that have satisfactory assessment results will be invited to a screening call. Disqualified candidates will be sent a note informing them of the rejection.
- Screening Call: One of our recruiters will conduct a screening call using Zoom
- Technical Interview Steps:
- Level 1 interview over zoom with one of the team members.
- Short-listed candidates from Level 1 interviews are invited to appear in an online technical test.
- Based on the outcome of the technical test, short-listed candidates are invited for a zoom interview with the hiring manager.
For zoom call, please make sure your video camera and headphones are working and you have access to a quiet area.